How To Make a Draw My Life Video
Whether you can draw or not, Draw My Life videos can help tell your personal story and connect better with your fans.
- Start thinking about yourself (this comes easier to some than others)
- Write a list of the big events that shaped your life
- Then structure them into a chronological narrative (the story of your life, in order)
- Try to think of recurring themes that build up to some ultimate conclusion
- Or... just write a bunch of sad stuff
- Now that you have your story, record the voice over into a mic
- Storyboard what you're going to draw
- Set up a white board with some lights
- If you can't set up a camera overhead, then film from the opposite end of the table and flip the image in editing
- Import the audio and edit out your mistakes and pauses
- Then add the video, speeding it up and down to match what you're saying
- Finally, add an overly dramatic soundtrack underneath
Don't be afraid to get real. Actually, be very afraid, but do it anyway. The whole point of doing a Draw My Life video is to be vulnerable and open up to your audience. From experience, people will appreciate the honesty and some will really relate to your story.